Thursday, February 7, 2013

Little Lady Lesson #2 Excuse Me



"Excuse me?"

Yeah, you heard me right. I said that word. "Excuse me."

I hadn't heard it in such a long time I needed to say it.

"Excuse me."

If only we'd use that word more often. It's so much nicer than "Mom.... Mom... Mom I'm talking to you...."

Well, I'm talking to someone else and you're just going to have to wait. 

I tried to ignore it, but let's face it....

LITTLE LADY LESSON #2

If you want someone to pay attention to you while they're talking to someone use, you must use the magic word "Excuse me" and wait for a response. 

1. Do you wave for your child to go away and leave you alone.
2. Walk away from them if your on the telephone and find a closet to hide in until your conversation is over.
3. Politely ask the other person to wait a moment while you address you child and explain to them Little Lady Lesson #2.

Preschoolers have the hardest time with waiting. They have a need and they want it now. And at this age, there is only one person who can meet that need for them--Mom.

Tweens and teens on the other hand, know better, but will try and get away with it because they think they can.

At any age, it's best to set the right example, no matter where you are at and what the circumstances. Your little lady with thank you when she's older.





No comments:

Post a Comment